- Are you looking for a meaningful way to support a local not-for-profit organization?
- Do you have time and talents that you would be willing to share to help an organization achieve its mission?
- Do you want to know what it means to be a skilled volunteer?
Well, you’ve come to the right place…
On this page you can find information about the following:
- The Case for Skilled Volunteers
- Benefits to Skilled Volunteers
- Procedures for Becoming a LIN Volunteer
- Current Requests for Skilled Volunteers
Not-for-profit organizations are often understaffed and under-funded, which means that one person winds up doing the job of many. As such, NPO staff often indicate that they lack sufficient skills and/or experiences to effectively carry out all of the roles and responsibilities of the job. In this scenario, skilled professionals have an opportunity to make a difference by sharing their skills and talents with the staff of local not-for-profit organizations.
Skilled volunteerism offers benefits that funding alone cannot provide. The transfer of skills and direct involvement in an organization gives the donor greater ownership over the organizations succesess and the outcomes of their philanthropic efforts. Also, by creating a window into the organization’s operations, donors can better tailor future donations to address the group's needs.
- Make new friends
- Address a community need
- Share a professional skill in a meaningful way
- Get to know the people in your community
- Demonstrate your commitment to a specific cause
- Enhance skills (e.g., leadership and communication skills)
- Improve the capacity of NPOs so that they can better serve their clients
- Build stronger relations with the local community and local government
- Please submit the Volunteer Application form online, or email us the downloadable Volunteer Application form.
- Complete LIN’s Online Volunteer Orientation Program. (Note: An invitation to the orientation program will be sent to your email address upon receipt of a completed Volunteer Application.);
- Commit to a minimum term of service (e.g., two hours a week for six months, once a month for one year)
- Targeted skill sets include:
|√ Accounting & Auditing||√ Computer & Internet Svcs||√ Project Design|
|√ Language Instruction||√ Legal Services||√ Quality Research|
|√ Fundraising||√ Public Relations/Outreach||√ Reporting|
|√ Leadership||√ Marketing||√ Mentoring|
|√ HR Management||√ Monitoring & Evaluation||√ Writing/Editing|
Currently, several NPO partners are looking for volunteers with specific skill sets to support their organization. Please visit here for more information