Are you interested in gathering your friends and/of family, pooling your money to make a larger donation?
Do you want some help to identify prospective beneficiaries in your community?
Do you want to learn ways to become more strategic with your group contributions?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, maybe its time to start a Donors Club (also known as a Giving Circle)! LIN is here to help. If you start a donor circle, please contact us for a consultation on our support services.
What is a Donors Club?
A Donors Club is a form of philanthropy consisting of groups of individuals who pool their funds, and sometimes other resources, for the purpose of improving their communities while increasing awareness and engagement in the process of giving. Members of a donor club contribute their own money and decide, together, where to allocate their combined resources.
How Do I form a Donors Club?
It's easy to form a Donors Club: You can create your own club by:
- Gather together a group of friends, family members and/or co-workers who share your interest in philanthropy.
- Establish a minimum donation (there is no need for a maximum contribution and the contribution can include volunteer time) for all members.
- Establish a good time to meet, regularly, with your club.
- Design your philanthropic strategy (identify causes, set priorities and criteria for your contributions, determine milestones and indicators to measure your impact).
- (Optional) Invite experts to talk with your group about the causes you want to support.
- (Optional) Invite a consultant, like the LIN Center, to help your group along.
If you have a group that wants to form a Donors Club, please contact LIN at: Donor@LINvn.org or (848) 3824-6091.
LIN Donor Club: Informational Meetings
Please click on one of the following links to download LINs PowerPoint introduction to Donor Clubs:
- LIN Donors Club: Informational Meeting (English Version)
- LIN Donors Club: Informational Meeting (Vietnamese Version)
DC Resources - NEW
- Worksheet - The New Philanthropist (English)
- Activity - The New Philanthropist (Vietnamese)
- Worksheet - Assessing Our Resources (English)
- Worksheet - Assessing Our Resources (Vietnamese)
"What our world most requires now is the kind of education that fosters love for humankind that develops character—that provides an intellectual basis for the realization of peace and empowers learners to contribute and to improve society." - Daisaku Ikeda