How to volunteer
Throughout the year, LIN announces a number of ways for individuals and organizations to volunteer their time and skill sets in support of the Narrow the Gap Community Program. For available position, please visit: http://www.philoinhuan.org/volunteer-opportunity
You can get involved in the Narrow the Gap program in any one or more of the following ways:
- Join the Narrow the Gap Campaign Team – The campaign team helps to raise awareness and engage partners in the Narrow the Gap thematic grant round. The team includes individuals with skills in communications, design, event planning, development, community engagement and NPO engagement. These volunteers contribute approximately eight hours a week over the course of six months with a sumary of job description here
- Support the Narrow the Gap Community Event – Up to 40 volunteers will be needed to support event programs and logistics during the annual Narrow the Gap Community Event. Event volunteers contribute approximately eight hours, including support during the event and feedback immediately following. Event volunteers are asked to do various tasks ranging from welcoming guests and serving drinks to managing booths and counting votes.
- Help Select the Narrow the Gap Grantees – There are three ways that individuals can get involved in the process of evaluating project proposals and selecting grantees.
- Join the Grant Allocation Committee – The committee includes a panel of experts and community members who evaluate all valid proposals and enter the semi-finals.
- Vote Online – During the thematic grant round (VND 150,000,000 / grant), the semi-finalists post their projects online and community members are invited to vote and provide feedback on the projects, which will help to determine which of those projects will be invited to the final round.
- Expert Panel – Each year, LIN will form a panel of volunteers who have expertise in the selected thematic area. That panel will be asked to review projects by the six finalists and take into consideration the results of the online vote in order to determine which three projects will advance to the final round.
- Build Capacity of Narrow the Gap Applicants and Grantees – During the grantee selection process and throughout the life time of the grant, LIN helps to match volunteers with nonprofits that apply for, receive grants from the Narrow the Gap, and improve skills such as developing project proposals, public presentation and communication, financial management and reporting ...
- Support Site Visits to Grantees – After the grants are made, LIN will be seeking volunteers to support site visits to each of the grantees. Volunteers help with logistics, photography, interviewing stakeholders and writing short reports on the visit.
- Become a Skilled Volunteer to a Grantee – Grantees are eligible to apply for one or more skilled volunteers, based on their needs. LIN makes every effort to fill those needs within the community.
- Raise Awareness About Narrow the Gap Community Fundand Related Events & Activities – You can get involved in supporting Narrow the Gap simply by sharing information with your friends, family and colleagues via Email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. If you want to support Narrow the Gap, this is really one of the most powerful ways for your to leverage your support!
These volunteer opportunities, and more, are regularly announced on LIN's Facebook page, in our monthly E-Newsletter, in our quarterly Volunteer E-Newsletter and on LIN's website. Please consider signing-up for one or both of our newsletters, you can "like" our Narrow the Gap page on Facebook and/or be sure to visit the our website at least once a month.
Bookmark this page to update available volunteer positions: http://www.philoinhuan.org/volunteer-opportunity