The LIN Center for Community Development (LIN) is a Vietnamese, non-governmental and not-for-profit organization under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (Registration Number A-840, 29 June 2009, by the Ministry of Science & Technology).
Help local NPOs, skilled volunteers, and donors to fulfill their potential as vehicles for sustainable development, poverty alleviation, and citizen participation in Vietnam.
We envision local people and organizations leading successful efforts to reduce poverty and increase opportunities for all in Vietnam (irrespective of age, race, gender, ethnicity, origin, etc.).
As the only resource center for individuals and organizations committed to tackling community issues in the South of Vietnam, LIN has quickly become the "go-to" organization for a number of stakeholders, including:
- Vietnamese not-for-profit organizations (NPOs), working across all sectors, who are looking for financial, technical and human resources to improve their work;
- Individual and corporate philanthropists looking to engage in philanthropy and/or strengthen community engagement programs in Vietnam;
- International non-governmental organizations, who are looking for local partners in the South of Vietnam; and
- Researchers and individuals studying community development and the role of not-for-profit organizations in Vietnam.
LIN aims to support the leaders and problem solvers in our community – people who do not wait for others to address real challenges but who take the initiative to do so themselves.
LIN's values include:
- All lives have equal value
- All people deserve equal access to opportunities
- The community itself plays a role in building a peaceful community
- Those with the means must be responsible and interested in helping those without
- Encourages a more efficient philanthropic environment
- Maintains trust and respect between partners and team members
- LIN is a facilitator not a direct provider
- LIN strives to empower local NPOs to achieve their goals
- Delivering results with the resources we have been given is of utmost importance
- LIN insists on equal treatment and ethical behavior among ourselves and with our partners
- LIN ensures transparency in communications and budgeting
- LIN takes risks that others are unwilling or unable to take.
LIN is a Vietnamese, non-governmental and not-for-profit organization which was established (pursuant to Decision Number 741/QD-LHH, 26 May 2009 by the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations and Registration Number A-840, 29 June 2009 by the Ministry of Science & Technology).